Building Trust in Detection
This 3 day seminar is just like anything else with trust, it is done step by step and builds with time. It requires you letting go and allowing the other half (in this case your dog) being able to work and navigate the various search problems. In detection work it starts with communication and setting up basic and simple training situations which then builds on those foundations and getting more complex but also reading your dog and understanding what it can be telling you.
This is done doing the following steps:
- Establish clear communication (build a marker that you choose)
- Simple steps that allow for quick reinforcement
- Build power to odor through adversities
- Increase variables and change context of where odor is contained
- Add distractor and proofing odors
- Blank search (NO ODOR) what your dog shows you
- Decrease what handler knows
- Increase what dog has to search more variables and TIME
- Controlled negative searches (unknown)
- Single and double blind
- Power of variable reward
Like anything else this is a journey and there is growth and setbacks but following this formula and having PATIENCE will create great bonds and search success!!
Register for Upcoming Dates
|Cognition and Trust Moment Orlando: Dec 13-21, 2021||Florida||florida|
|Building the Trust Momentum in Houston: Jan 28-30, 2022||Texas||texas|
|Odor Pays and Trust Momentum Seminar: Oct 21-26, 2022||Canada||canada|
MOBILE CLASSES AND SEMINARS
Can't make it to our facility in Las Vegas?
Our mobile classroom can come to you to for ALL of our classes and seminars. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the process.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Get notified of new content, products, and services.